Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Proud Mama

I usually try to stray away from bragging about my children. In fact, I tend to swing the other way and am way more likely to bring to light all of the negative attributes of my little darlings rather than discuss all of the wonderful things about them. However, I can't keep this one to myself. I took Brenna to her violin lesson today. It was her fifth lesson EVER. She has been working, for the past 4 weeks, on Twinkle Twinkle. Today she had a new song, Lightly Row, introduced. Now, I have no experience what-so-ever with the violin. But I could not help but be impressed when she picked up the song in about 8 minutes. 8 minutes! I was completely floored. I didn't think it was going to go well at first. She was struggling with the bowing and I could see the look of frustration on her face. But then it suddenly just clicked and she had it! And then! My little mommy heart just about burst out of my chest at the end of her lesson when she and her instructor played Twinkle Twinkle together. Brenna played the melody and her instructor played the harmony. Brenna didn't miss a beat! She was awesome!

No comments: